“Digital business is the creation of new business designs by blurring the digital and physical worlds” (Gartner). A digital business is one where consumers use an ever-growing range of digital devices, from computers to smartphones to Internet-enabled devices as their means for engaging with businesses.
As an example, the “revolution shifting sales from stores to laptops to smartphones could be on the verge of its next sea change — when shoppers will ask . . . voice-driven speakers to order just about everything. Purchases made through devices such as Google Home and Amazon's Echo are projected to leap from $2 billion to $40 billion by 2022” (USA Today).
In previous posts, I discussed why Instant IT® is a game-changer for enterprise IT and for digital business transformations. For enterprise IT, Instant IT eliminates core IT problems, delivers custom business applications instantly, and reduces the total cost of ownership for business applications by 60%. For the business, Instant IT supports designs for customers’ unique and transformed business operations, how they need to work, and automating all aspects required to computer-generate a custom application for the transformed business instantly.
A successful digital business must remain agile and not create another version of hard-to-change technologies when new capabilities are needed by the business. At InfoNovus, ‘we make IT automatic®’ using state-of-the-art operating systems, data management platforms, and open source technologies. Our commitment is to have Instant IT business applications not become legacy technology. For us, a legacy technology is one where an operating system or data management platform binds a business application to the platform which prevents the application from incorporating new technologies easily.
IT technology has been driven by vendors who want to maximize return on their investment in proprietary technologies. For legacy enterprise IT, technology purchases become biased toward the vendor(s) of choice, their products, and other technologies within the vendor’s ecosystem of technology partners. This platform-centric approach relies on what I call the ‘people- and effort-driven approach’ to application development that locks in a technology and all its related uses. With Instant IT, applications are free from this technology lock-in.
Digital business emphasizes mobile, social, the Internet of things (IoT), and a wide range of real-time events. To keep Instant IT applications free from any technology platform lock-in, InfoNovus developed Instant IT so it applies these key principles to computer-generate custom applications that:
- Take advantage of cloud for its elasticity and workload management for flexibility;
- Process real-time business events with minimal delay, as your workflows interact with data and actions from mobile, social, Internet of Things, and new technology as it emerges, in real time;
- Support distributed cloud environments, reduce data movement, eliminate processing latency, and provide security and select operating systems and data management platforms that do so;
- Keep applications portable between cloud providers to avoid this new form of platform lock-in;
- Utilize containers and orchestration mechanisms that support interaction via APIs, messages, REST, files, and so forth;
- Use new technologies as they become enterprise-ready and are incorporated into enhanced operational business designs.
Instant IT is the backbone to digital business for its ability to transform any operational business process and make it more effective for your business. Instant IT automates enterprise IT and is a game-changer for any digital business. Check us out at www.infonovus.com.
Future blogs will dive more deeply into IT, digital transformation, Instant IT, and more. Let us know if you would like to receive email notifications of future blog entries and more from InfoNovus.